Data Visualization Workshop In-Person
Data visualizations are found everywhere!
Join us at the Grad Center and learn to:
* Identify the main design elements of a visualization: color, typography, titles, subtitles, annotations, dark/light contrast, and labels.
* Use these design elements to drive insights about your visualization (data storytelling)
* Learn how to prepare your visualizations for publication in various formats
* Explore tools for data visualizations
* Apply all of the above in your own visualization using Datawrapper
This workshop is co-sponsored by Penn Libraries and the Grad Center.
Support for Publishing Workshops Fall 2022
This workshop is part of a series hosted by the Libraries in collaboration with the Grad Center at Penn. Each workshop focuses on an element of the publishing process. From September through November, tune in to live virtual sessions covering citation management, impact metrics, promoting your work, selecting the right publishing venue, fair use, and more. See the full suite of workshops to support you as you make progress toward your publishing goals. Check back to keep track of new workshops being added.
This workshop is part of the Research Communication series that prepares students to participate in the Penn 3 Minute Thesis cosponsored by GAPSA, Communication within the Curriculum, Penn Libraries, and more!
- Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Room 304 | Multipurpose Room
Grad Center events are for current Penn graduate and professional students only, unless otherwise specified.
More Upcoming Events